cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's the meaning of "Extreme IQ Engine" vs "Extreme Switch" vs "Switch" in Port Type objects?

What's the meaning of "Extreme IQ Engine" vs "Extreme Switch" vs "Switch" in Port Type objects?

itoperations2
New Contributor

I’m trying to clean up some unused config objects in ExtremeCloud IQ. Under Port Types I have many duplicates, some being templates I can’t delete. 

I have SR-2124, 2224, 2324 switches. Does any of this matter for those different switches? 

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Paul_Wang
Extreme Employee

Extreme IQ Engine is for the SR20/2100 switches, which run HiveOS (renamed to IQ Engine).

Extreme Switch is for the SR22/2300 switches, which run a different OS.

You will not be able to delete port types objects if they are still being used, which can be told from the "Used By" column on the "Configure > Common Objects > Port Types" page. If you are still not able to delete these objects when references are removed from the device template and network policy, please raise a support case to get help.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Paul_Wang
Extreme Employee

Extreme IQ Engine is for the SR20/2100 switches, which run HiveOS (renamed to IQ Engine).

Extreme Switch is for the SR22/2300 switches, which run a different OS.

You will not be able to delete port types objects if they are still being used, which can be told from the "Used By" column on the "Configure > Common Objects > Port Types" page. If you are still not able to delete these objects when references are removed from the device template and network policy, please raise a support case to get help.

GTM-P2G8KFN