Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EAC Appliance: Error: No SNMP Authentication Target

EAC Appliance: Error: No SNMP Authentication Target

Bart_C
New Contributor

Hello,
I recently set up new NAC engines to use with a new policy domain.
But when I add a switch to the engine group, the aaa (radius) config is not puched to the switch.
When I check the status on the EAC web page (status - switches & routers) I see there is an SNMP error. I checked the SNMP settings and the firewall but everything seems in order.
When I add the switch in the old engine group, there is no error and the config gets pushed fine.
Both engine groups use the same config.

What can I do to troubleshoot this error?

EAC_NO_SNMP.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

There should be no correlation / relation between adding the switch the policy domain and Control's ability to communicate with the device via SNMP.

The "No SNMP Authentication Target" is generally Control's inability, if using SNMPv3, to acquire the Engine ID from the target system. Take a trace? Maybe that will shed light on the underlying misbehavior here.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Bart_C
New Contributor

Update: when I removed the switch from the policy domain, the error was gone ... so the fault is in the policy domain config?

There should be no correlation / relation between adding the switch the policy domain and Control's ability to communicate with the device via SNMP.

The "No SNMP Authentication Target" is generally Control's inability, if using SNMPv3, to acquire the Engine ID from the target system. Take a trace? Maybe that will shed light on the underlying misbehavior here.

GTM-P2G8KFN