cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

End Systems MACs collection

End Systems MACs collection

Dan15
Contributor

I wonder what is your method to bring all end systems MAC addresses to XMC database? Do you just have EAP enabled on every port? 

I am asking because I want to have this data in XMC for visibility, but I also want to avoid having the NAC dependency in some areas of the network.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Miguel-Angel_RO
Valued Contributor II

Dany,

The End-Systems database is a database with all devices having performed and authentication.

If you have a device that never did an authentication (EAP or MAC) it doesn’t appear in this database.

The easy way is to enable MAC auth on all your client’s switch ports and have a rule allowing the traffic in all cases.

It is a setup with all authentications approved…

Also set the DHCP relays in the routers to send the requests also to the NAC for the finger printing info.

Regards

Mig

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Miguel-Angel_RO
Valued Contributor II

Dany,

The End-Systems database is a database with all devices having performed and authentication.

If you have a device that never did an authentication (EAP or MAC) it doesn’t appear in this database.

The easy way is to enable MAC auth on all your client’s switch ports and have a rule allowing the traffic in all cases.

It is a setup with all authentications approved…

Also set the DHCP relays in the routers to send the requests also to the NAC for the finger printing info.

Regards

Mig

GTM-P2G8KFN