Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NAC / Control Rule List is incomplete in WEB GUI

NAC / Control Rule List is incomplete in WEB GUI

PeterK
Contributor III

Hello,

I’ve a confusing issue in Extreme Control Web GUI at a customer instrallation.

I can’t see all NAC Rules.

I can scroll down, but the bottom of scroll-area is not the real end of rule list.

The visible part of list is flexible. It depends on Screen-Resolution and size of the rule-frame.

Issue is on different clients and different browsers.

Only on the legacy java nac manager I can see the complete rule-set.

I do not remember, when this issue first started. We’re currently on 8.3.3 and we will update to 8.5.

But as the java clients are disabled on 8.5. this is a problem.

Does someone else has seen this issue or have a idea to solve?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Stefan_K_
Valued Contributor

This is a known issue in 8.3 and older. If you have too many rules, not all will be displayed. There is no workaround for the WebGui, except using the Java Tools. It depends on your Display Resolution how many rules are displayed… 🙂 

This bug was fixed in XMC 8.4

You can update to 8.5 and still use the Java-Tools, they are not yet fully dead, even though Extreme announced it several times. Alternatively just update to the latest 8.4 patch (8.4.4.26) to fix your problem. 🙂 

Best regards
Stefan

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Stefan_K_
Valued Contributor

This is a known issue in 8.3 and older. If you have too many rules, not all will be displayed. There is no workaround for the WebGui, except using the Java Tools. It depends on your Display Resolution how many rules are displayed… 🙂 

This bug was fixed in XMC 8.4

You can update to 8.5 and still use the Java-Tools, they are not yet fully dead, even though Extreme announced it several times. Alternatively just update to the latest 8.4 patch (8.4.4.26) to fix your problem. 🙂 

Best regards
Stefan

PeterK
Contributor III

Hi Mig,

thanks for that. I will check it.

Miguel-Angel_RO
Valued Contributor II

Hi PeterK,

On the 8.5 release there is page management implemented.

It should solve the issue:

25a5726fb593468281c7eee84bdb5a13_df1cda81-e1be-4bd3-9b11-a1ad1deec3bb.png

If it is a VM, you could always perform a backup (to restore on worst case) and a snapshot (with the VM powered off it is much much faster).

Mig

GTM-P2G8KFN