Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NAC Design Question

NAC Design Question

vandermause
New Contributor III

Good morning, ExtremeControl Community - 

I am new to Extreme and new to my employer, a manufacturer located in the MidWest.  I have reviewed our existing architecture as it relates to our NAC deployment.  My question to you great minds is this.  Have anyone of you deployed NAC in Azure in a fully centralized model?  Did you bake in a load balancer and place ExtremeControl within it's own security zone?

Do you have any notable takeaways for your centralized deployment?  Would you do it differently today?

2 REPLIES 2

Bartek
New Contributor III

Hi,

So what is your current NAC deployment? If you are willing to move only management pane (ExtremeCloud IQ - Site Engine) to the cloud I believe it's not a problem (communication between NMS and NAC Engines is over HTTPS) but I've never done it personally.

vandermause
New Contributor III

Site Engine and NAC are on-prem.  I am looking to re-architect the entire solution before we fully mature the offering.  Currently it only does wireless.  I want to propose two options.  One completely centralized with the notion of always available.  The other is less reliance on the WAN architecture where authentication can still operate locally at each facility.

GTM-P2G8KFN