Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong device type assigned to Unify VoIP Phone in NAC

Wrong device type assigned to Unify VoIP Phone in NAC

Robert_Zdzieblo
Contributor II

Hi Everyone,

I am getting wrong device family/device type assigned by NAC for Unify DeskPhone IP Phone family. It gets Wireless Access Point/Extreme IdentiFi Wireless Access Point device type - this system definition is using MAC_OUI 00:1A:E8, probably for legacy Siemens Access Points. I have added custom device type definition using MAC_OUI in detection test (Site Engine: Administration -> Device Types), but it still assings system device type.

Is there any way we can delete or modify system defined device type definitions?

BEST REGARDS

Robert  

3 REPLIES 3

Ryan_Yacobucci
Extreme Employee

Hello,

Can you try to build a fingerprint with a lower weight? Likely we could modify system definitions, but I'd rather we build custom definitions with more priority that way we don't have to modify system files as they could be replaced in future updates. 

Can you paste what you built that doesn't work?

Thanks
-Ryan

Hello Ryan,

I have cloned system definition and saved it to .xml file. Then I modified only fingeprint header within the file, leaving all tests definitions and weights unchanged and finally imported file to Site Engine (nac enforce is required).

Now my Unify phones are detected properly. Looks like custom definitions takes precedense over system ones, when test are defined exactly the same way.

Thank you, Ryan, for your help.

BR, Robert

Zdeněk_Pala
Extreme Employee

Hi Robert.

you can define your own custom fingerprint and configure higher weight.

Regards Zdeněk Pala
GTM-P2G8KFN