cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XMC, client certificate expiration monitoring

XMC, client certificate expiration monitoring

nor61k
New Contributor

Hello! We have XMC and 3 NAC servers.we also have many devices with different OS for applied which userd certificate authorization. Is it possible to set up an alert on xmc , for example, if a client connects and its certificate has a validity period of less than 30 days, then xmc generates an alert?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Robert_Haynes
Extreme Employee

I do not think so. If you're referring to client certificates part of EAP-TLS transactions I don't think we have any ability to intercept and alarm and say essentially " a client is connecting via EAP-TLS with a client cert that is expiring in xx days ". We already have alarms built in that will fire for the *server* certificates hosted in Control (i.e. RADIUS server cert) with NOTICE and WARNING periods up to expiration.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Robert_Haynes
Extreme Employee

I do not think so. If you're referring to client certificates part of EAP-TLS transactions I don't think we have any ability to intercept and alarm and say essentially " a client is connecting via EAP-TLS with a client cert that is expiring in xx days ". We already have alarms built in that will fire for the *server* certificates hosted in Control (i.e. RADIUS server cert) with NOTICE and WARNING periods up to expiration.

GTM-P2G8KFN