cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

enterasys s4 webconfig

enterasys s4 webconfig

Ben_Nussbaum
New Contributor
Some changes were made to the settings of my enterasys s4 chassis through the webgui config. the changes dont show up in the show config of the cli and i really need to remove them. How do I
8 REPLIES 8

Ben_Nussbaum
New Contributor
i aslo see set port vlan tbp.0.1 5 this might be messing it up also how do i remove this line

Zdeněk_Pala
Extreme Employee
Yes. The webbiew should store commands to the cli config. Ingress filter does drop traffic to vlans what are not allowed to egress = if only vlan 2 and 3 can egress the port then only vlan 2 and 3 are accepted on ingress. It is a security feqture. Tbp is a backplane port.
Regards Zdeněk Pala

Ben_Nussbaum
New Contributor
I dont see any changes in my config from the cli. Does the webview actually write to the config that i can see?
The only think i see is set port ingress-filter tbp.0.1 enable
which i have no idea where that came from or what it is doing.

Zdeněk_Pala
Extreme Employee
That is very unexpected. What changes? Worst case is to “show config outfile” and then verify the config and boot the config by “configure” command.

You can also try show config outfile and find those changes there.

From my experience the issue will be different. I guess the config was not changed by WEB but some dynamic protocol changed the behavior. Example: new VLANs were learned through GVRP...

The web on S-series is very limited = it should be quite easy to verify those sections with show config and show feature by feature. By show vlan you will see what vlans are used by show config vlan you will see what was configured.
Regards Zdeněk Pala
GTM-P2G8KFN