cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS S-series: QoS of VoIP Traffic

EOS S-series: QoS of VoIP Traffic

M_Nees
Contributor III
On a special Customer szenario we have a S-Series Switch (Core of HeadQuarter) and S-Series (Core of Branch) and one WAN 100MBit Link which connects both.

Now i want priorize VoIP Packets other this WAN link.

One way to do that is GTAC Article 1737:
S-Series Quality of Service for VoIP Traffic marked as DSCP Override (AF41)

This way is to write a policy which is bind to every ingress port (which are all except WAN port) and sort this high prio VoIP packets to a higher queue than standard traffic.

My customer ask why i do that so cumersome ?!
He expects that either i configure that priorization globally for the whole switch (means DSCP = EF = highest Queue) oder bind it only to the egress WAN port (priorize VoIP Traffic).

This trigger me to thinking about possibel other solutions. S-Series with EOS 8.42.05.

Is the way with policy on ingress port the only way to achieve the goal or is there a way like my customer believe is should be?

Thanks for all replies.

Regards

5 REPLIES 5

Hi Patrick,

that an exellent suggestion. Using an admin-profile meets much more customers expectation and is easier to handle then binding this specific rule to every physical/logical port.

But how can i verify/troubleshoot the configuration ?
In EXOS i can check the filling of the QP with port QoS-Monitor.

I try adding syslog action to the rules, but i it seems that only flow setup is run through CPU which can trigger the syslog event.

I try a test setup with iperf - but it does not show me the expected behavior (so i fear someting is currently wrong) ...

Regards
GTM-P2G8KFN