Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Factory reset B2G124-48 without console access

Factory reset B2G124-48 without console access

Paulo_Pereira
New Contributor
Hello everyone.

I Recently got a B2G124-48 switch. When trying to access it through the console interface, nothing happens. I can not get any feedback from the console, even after performing the admin password reset procedure.
Apparently, this switch was a stack member.

Is there any way to clean the settings without accessing the switch through the console?

Best Regards

10 REPLIES 10

Buster_Flynn
New Contributor
Even as a stack member you should still be able to see the boot sequence and interrupt the boot process to do a reset. If you are seeing nothing on the terminal it is very likely a cable/adapter/pinout issue. When you say the terminal settings and cables work on other equipment...is that other Enterasys B2 equipment or just "other equipment"? I keep at least 4 different serial adapters for different switches. The cables/adapter I used for the SecureStack switches will not work on the Extreme switches, Cisco switches or the Enterasys 800 series switches.

Paulo_Pereira
New Contributor
Hi there,

Once again, thank you all for your reply's.

Well, this unit was a stack member and was removed from it due to infrastructure upgrade. He keeps the settings it had when it was in the stack.

My company gave me the equipment, but now I can not access it in order to make its reconfiguration in order to serve my needs.

I am sure that this is not a terminal settings or cable problem, because both work fine on other equipment.

Best Regards

Jason_Parker
Contributor
a few questions to start 1. Is this unit in a stack and not the manager then the console will not work for you , It is Functioning as designed The access has limited coomans and are only used when we are debugging a problem. Be awae that we cannot access any commands on the switch without a customer inputting the admin acount and passwords If not in a stack, then you can ry a ew option 1. on te back of te unit next to te stacking cale port is a pin hole, iput a toothpick or smething non metal and push in and hold or about 10-15 seconds and you may)should see a messsage on the onsole stating that the console has been cleared. This is where I would wait about 1 minute (manager updates even as a standalone then try amin and enter, rw and enter 2. Reboot the swith and whn you see the boot menu here will be a 1 and 2 hit imediately 2 ener (fast) then tpe administrator as passworrd

Alex24
Extreme Employee
Hi Paulo,

If you follow the procedure that Christoph linked to there is a option in there to reset to factory defaults. If however you do not get any output from console you may be using the wrong cable or settings. The Switch should use a DB9 Null Modem cable with standard console settings of 9600 8/1/N as described in this article. If you still get nothing from the switch after checking your cable and settings I would contact the GTAC for further assistance.

-Alex

Paulo_Pereira
New Contributor
Hi, and thanks for the reply

I already tried this procedure, but does not work, nothing appears on the console terminal.
The terminal e correctly configured and the cable is working fine.

GTM-P2G8KFN