Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FAN Speed Control Behavior on an S-Series S8

FAN Speed Control Behavior on an S-Series S8

technos
New Contributor

Good morning,

I have a question related to Fan Speed Control behavior on an S8-CHASSIS-POE

Running “show system hardware” I got Fan1 Temp, Fan2 Temp, Ambient Temp and temperature for each installed slot.

It’s not clear what sensors I have to take account into and how in general the fan speed changes while the temperatures change. What is the “algorithm” that control the fan speed ? And what the thresholds ?

Thank you in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Good morning Technos, unfortunately it looks like we aren’t able to alter or configure fan speeds for those devices. If this is something you’d like to see in the future, I’d encourage you to submit a feature request for this ability with your sales engineer. If you’re unsure who to reach out to for your sales engineer, I can email their contact information to you directly, just let me know. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Good morning Technos, unfortunately it looks like we aren’t able to alter or configure fan speeds for those devices. If this is something you’d like to see in the future, I’d encourage you to submit a feature request for this ability with your sales engineer. If you’re unsure who to reach out to for your sales engineer, I can email their contact information to you directly, just let me know. 

GTM-P2G8KFN