cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PoE during switch B3/B5 bootup

PoE during switch B3/B5 bootup

James_A
Valued Contributor
We were doing some testing and noticed that during bootup of our B3 and B5 switches, PoE comes on twice early in boot, before going off for a few minutes and then staying on permanently. This is a bit of a problem as our Crestron AV controllers enter setup mode after being power cycled several times in a short period, which can happen during RCD testing.

To be specific, PoE comes on at about 5 seconds after the switch turns on, briefly drops about 23s, comes back on and then turns off about 32s, then stays off until at least a minute after, depending on model. Looking at the console this happens during the bootloader, so I doubt there's any configuration changes I can make. Is this expected behaviour?

We are looking at UPS or a change in RCD testing procedure to isolate the circuit the switch is on.
3 REPLIES 3

Mike_D
Extreme Employee

Hello James,

We've confirmed this SecureStack POE behavior is expected as part of the hardware test sequence at boot.
There are no configurable parameters to tune this behavior.

Regards,
Mike

Mike_D
Extreme Employee
I still owe you a follow up on this thread James. I haven't forgotten.
I'l update when I have a definitive answer. Sorry for the delay.

Mike

Mike_D
Extreme Employee

Hello James,
re: Is this expected behaviour?

It will take few days into next week - but I'll investigate this and will get back to you.

Regards,
Mike

GTM-P2G8KFN