cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q-Sys IGMP Multicast Videostrem causes green screen when switching to a camera for the first time

Q-Sys IGMP Multicast Videostrem causes green screen when switching to a camera for the first time

Marco_Pfiffer
New Contributor

Hello Community,

one of our customers is using a videosystem from QSC which consits of NV32 videostreaming devices and Q-SYS PTZ-Cameras. The system is based on IGMP Multicast and is working properly exept one problem. 

When the PTZ-Cameras start their stream for the first time, a green screen occurs for about one to three seconds. Then it changes to a correct videostream. It looks like that the first picture/frame isn´t transportet properly. This problem occurs everytime the multicast group is aged out or the system is rebooted.

The IGMP and IGMP snooping settings are correct, we have the IGMP querier in the right position and everything is set to IGMPv2.

Any ideas how to improve the join behaivior and speed that process up? Cause thats what I think is where the problem might come from.

Thank you in advance!

Marco

1 REPLY 1

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello there, my apologies for the long wait here. Can you tell me which Extreme products you're using, so I can find the right team to bring your question to? 

GTM-P2G8KFN