Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Avaya > 4950GTS > Juniper

Avaya > 4950GTS > Juniper

MrCaptObvious
New Contributor

Looking for assistance. 2 parts

We are currently setup for Digital and Analog, but I do have 2-5 phones that are Voip in the system.  The issue I am having is that the VOIP phones all have to be manually programmed with a static IP for the them to work, so I have to log into the phone and assign all the IP addresses that the phone looks for.  I've looks at the config files and the "show tech" but can't seem to figure out why DHCP isn't working. 

We recently upgraded our data network  with Juniper Switches and the company now wants to integrate the Avaya phone system to the data network in order to do voip thoughout and remove all digital lines.   I can't use DHCP yet, because of the above mentioned, but when I connect the 4950GTS stack, lets say port 1/48, to my Juniper ITN, which has vlans attached to it as a trunk, I can only ping the gateway.  The interesting part is the gateway I am pinging is the gateway of the Avaya system not the switch.  The 4950GTS is 192.168.162.1 and Avaya is 192.168.163.1.  I haven't been able to remote into the 4950GTS switches either, not EDM or SSH.  I have to connected to the console port to make any changes.  The switch IP is not recognized, as I cannot ping that either, even while connected directly to the switch.  

This system was setup by my predecessor, so I'm trying to pick up the pieces and learn extreme switch programming.  I'm out of ideas on what to try, maybe someone could point me in the right direction on what to try and why.  

-thanks

2 REPLIES 2

TQU
New Contributor III

Hi, 

Did you solve your issue ? 

Can you share the config and show tech ? (don't forget to use "term len 0" before)

regards, 

Théo 

IT_Noob
New Contributor

"  I haven't been able to remote into the 4950GTS switches either, not EDM or SSH.  I have to connected to the console port to make any changes.  The switch IP is not recognized, as I cannot ping that either, even while connected directly to the switch"

I see no one has responded to you about this issue, so either you figured it out, gave up trying to get EDM and SSH working, or bought different switches.    Either way:

I am having the same situation, almost with the same devices.   If you found a way to communicate with the switches and you don't mind sharing what you did to configure them, I'd appreciate it.  I too cannot access the ERS via ssh or edm only via console port.  

GTM-P2G8KFN