cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

15101 X250e-24T Switch loses configuration after a few minutes.

15101 X250e-24T Switch loses configuration after a few minutes.

Falco404
New Contributor
Hello,

we have a problem with several Extreme Networks 15101 X250e-24T switches that all loses the conig after a few minutes of running time.

Does anyone know this problem too and how to fix it?

EDIT:

Detailed explanation:

We set a username and password.
Save it in both, the primary and secondary .cfg.
Restart the switch, the config is saved.

Run the switch 15 minutes.

Restart again.

The config is gone, the switch is reset to default.

Thank you.
Falco
6 REPLIES 6

Daisy8365
New Contributor

1 # unconfigure switch all Restore all factory defaults and reboot? (y/N) Yes All stacking configuration parameters have been reset to default values. Removal of the alternate-ip-address will take effect immediately. Automatic priority will take effect at the node role election time.

Hello Daisy8365,

Thank you for your suggestion. I followed your solution and restored all configurations, including stack configurations, to factory settings. I then made some configurations, saved them to primary.cfg, and rebooted the switch. All of the configurations remained after the reboot.

However, when I unplugged the power cable from the switch and left it without power overnight, the same issue occurred. Upon booting up, the switch had no configuration and started with the initial wizard.

Ser_90_0-1679986314060.png

Thanks you.

Kind regards,

Chris_H
Extreme Employee

If after unplugging the power plug the configuration is gone, then it means in 95% of the times that the CMOS battery has died and NVRAM cannot be saved anymore. 

Ser_90
New Contributor

Hello Guys,

I have the same issue described by Falco404 on my the Extreme Summit X440-24p switch.

Falco404 have you solved the issue or understood which is the cause of this?

Thanks you.

Best Regards,

GTM-P2G8KFN