cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Active/Active VRRP with Mlag

Active/Active VRRP with Mlag

Jon_Haas
New Contributor
I have two BD 8810's. I have mlag and vrrp working well. It is currently in the standard active/backup. I have all my vlans on vrid 1 and the Virtual IP and the master are Core 1. We set the VIP to the IP of Core 1. My question is to get Active/Active what do I need to change?

Do I need to join all of the vlans to a vrid 2 and set the master and VIP on Core two then apply the ACL from the concepts guide?

Any help would be great. If you need more info let me know thanks.
18 REPLIES 18

Brian_Boche
New Contributor
in regards to VRRP Active-active config, I am looking for configuration clarification.

In standard master/backup or active/standby VRRP config, the second post above is accurate. I don't see a reply on how to make both active, is it just as simple as configuring both core's as master in the VRRP config and then simply applying the ACL between the VRRP peers on the ISC ports?

Thanks!

That might be what I read or heard of. Thanks for clarifying and much appreciated.

Ted, nothing has changed in v16.1.

There's a new release train (v21.1) that includes new functionality that changes the way VRRP behaves (Fabric Routing), but that version train is only available on G2 switches.

We are moving from 15.3.1.4 patch 1-36 to 16.1.2.14 patch 1-1 and was wondering if the ACL - VRRP block is still a valid config? I'm using Active/Active VRRP with MLAG currently and this isn't changing. Just trying to get a feel for any new config changes. I thought I heard of a change coming with the new this new image.

Thank you,
GTM-P2G8KFN