Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add new vlan in functionnal ERPS ring : Precaution

Add new vlan in functionnal ERPS ring : Precaution

naicoram01
New Contributor

Hello,

I want to modify protected vlan by adding a new one in switchs configured with an ERPS ring and I want to know the risk with this modification and what precaution to have doing this configuration.

the switchs used in this ring is BD8810 and X690.

Thank you so much for your support guys.

Best regards,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Tomasz
Valued Contributor II

Hi,

If you do ‘configure erps ringname add protected vlan vlanname’ it shouldn’t affect the loop protection.

Hope that helps,

Tomasz

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Tomasz
Valued Contributor II

Hi,

If you do ‘configure erps ringname add protected vlan vlanname’ it shouldn’t affect the loop protection.

Hope that helps,

Tomasz

naicoram01
New Contributor

Hi Tomasz,

thank you for your reply. 

for information the conf of the erps is already done and the loop if loop free. 

I have to add other new protected vlan in the loop(in all the loop’s node) and I want to know if I have to do something else other than adding the “protected vlan xxx”.

in other world, is adding new protected vlan in a loop free ERPS does generate a destabilization of the loop ?

thank you. 

Tomasz
Valued Contributor II

Hi,

Unfortunately I don’t remember much of Black Diamond switches and the old EXOS but you may or may not have to disable ERPS ring to add another protected VLAN. You can refer to the exact EXOS version User Guide or Command Reference Guide by picking the version from a dropdown list here: https://www.extremenetworks.com/support/documentation/extremexos-30-7/

Other than a bit of loop prevention downtime (ie. a loop if you didn’t put one port in a ring manually), I don’t think there would be any impact.

Hope that helps,

Tomasz

naicoram01
New Contributor

up

GTM-P2G8KFN