cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Added unused/new switch to stack now I get pending-aaa on console port

Added unused/new switch to stack now I get pending-aaa on console port

Joe10
New Contributor III
I added another x440-48p to my existing stack. I did not set up the existing stack. I enabled and synched the new node, but I get the "pending-aaa" prompt on the console port. Rebooting did not help. As I recall the only difference in the switch's was the bootrom the new switch had 2.0.1.7 while the old nodes are running 2.0.1.6. I was under the impression this was not an issue, they all have EXOS 15 in particuler if memory serves me right all 3 have 15.2.2.7. Show version shows N/A for the new slot (slot 3). Do I need to remove and reset the new slot and downgrade the bootrom? Show stacking details only returns info on the first 2 nodes not node 3.
10 REPLIES 10

Joe10
New Contributor III
synchronize stacking slot 3

Sumit_Tokle
Contributor
which command did you use, only "synchronize" or "synchronize stacking {node-address | slot }"?

Joe10
New Contributor III
All is well now. I had to upconfig the switch, update the primary image, thus making both prim and sec match the stack. After that was good to go, I then enabled stacking (without the easy config), enhanced protocol, master capable saved, removed power. Then I add it to the stack, powered it up, the master stack recognized but I needed to config a slot number and Stack MAC, it also appeared to do some sort of auto synch on its own, rebooted switch overnight and everything is good to go. I think I will avoid the synch command in the future, as it seemed to bork the new switch every time I ran it.

Joe10
New Contributor III
OK so I finally got the switch updated and inline with the others. But if I synch the new node with the others it resets the master capable. I suspect I need to tweak a config on the stack to allow it to be master capable role, see as the synch kills that functions.
GTM-P2G8KFN