cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Added unused/new switch to stack now I get pending-aaa on console port

Added unused/new switch to stack now I get pending-aaa on console port

Joe10
New Contributor III
I added another x440-48p to my existing stack. I did not set up the existing stack. I enabled and synched the new node, but I get the "pending-aaa" prompt on the console port. Rebooting did not help. As I recall the only difference in the switch's was the bootrom the new switch had 2.0.1.7 while the old nodes are running 2.0.1.6. I was under the impression this was not an issue, they all have EXOS 15 in particuler if memory serves me right all 3 have 15.2.2.7. Show version shows N/A for the new slot (slot 3). Do I need to remove and reset the new slot and downgrade the bootrom? Show stacking details only returns info on the first 2 nodes not node 3.
10 REPLIES 10

Sumit_Tokle
Contributor
All the issue regarding pending-aaa is mentioned in EXOS 15.4 concept guide page # 189.

Sumit_Tokle
Contributor
There are three noderoles: master (or primary), backup, and standby. It should not be none in stacking.

it is recommended to have master-capability on, this will help when the master switch goes down, backup will becomes master and the other standby node which has master-capability on will becomes backup.

it is always recommended to have latest & stable software to be install on switch. For X440 stack, I would like to recommend to have EXOS 15.3.1.4 patch 1-31 software installed.

You can download the software from esupport.extremenetworks,com.

Joe10
New Contributor III
This will be the first time I have change the software versions on an extreme. So after I get the software version sorted out your saying leave the new nodes "master capable" option on? But I can leave the role as none correct?

Sumit_Tokle
Contributor
if node's master capability is off and there is no connection between the current master switch and this switch then we can see pending-aaa. This is the one of the strong reason for showing pending-AAA. you have to just follow the step which I have mentioned in above post to overcome this issue. Once the switch boot normally, check the license and software version....Bootrom can be different among the slots, but it is better to have same bootrom on the summit slot which are being part of stack.

Joe10
New Contributor III
OK thanks. So I need to downgrade my bootrom to 2.0.1.6, and upgrade my image. Turns out the switch I add was on 15.2.1.5, would have sworn it was on 15.2.2.7. Also does the diagnostics ver have to be the same? My license is good. I would have sworn the only issue was bootrom.
GTM-P2G8KFN