cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ansible for XOS

Ansible for XOS

Andreas_Larsen
New Contributor II
Have anyone done any playbook work with ansible for Extreme networks ? Is there anything done in the ansible-galaxy part or anything done internally at Extreme ?
23 REPLIES 23

Bruce_Garlock
New Contributor II
Hello, came here looking for anyone using Ansible to push firmware updates to XOS devices, and it looks like it's still in process, and more of a 21.1 thing. Since the last post is seven months old, I'm wondering if any progress has been made on this. I would just like to easily push firmware updates to all our Summit switches, without having to login to each one and TFTP/SCP the XOS firmware and SSH mod.

Richard_Salts
New Contributor
You can also use ansible modules from the managing host with delegate_to. I think many of the modules for setting up vms on aws, configure bigip loadbalancers and a few others.

Stephane_Grosj1
Extreme Employee
Hi,

With EXOS 21.1, there're several enhancements that open doors to Ansible. There's a MMI, using JSONRPC with different methods: CLI or Python. So that's, imho, the foundation for using Ansible here.

http://documentation.extremenetworks.com/app_notes/MMI/121152_MMI_Application_Release_Notes.pdf

However, there's no module nor playbook, and it may require some effort yet to have it running smoothly.

andreas1
New Contributor II
Any update ?

andreas1
New Contributor II
Any update here ?
GTM-P2G8KFN