cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any training videos you can recommend for EXOS?

Any training videos you can recommend for EXOS?

gonzoessex
New Contributor II
Hello,

I've manage to get EXOS working in GNS3 and trunk the Extreme switch to a Cisco switch, but I need to study these switches I will be moving from a Cisco team into Extreme soon and don't want to look silly.

Are their any tutorial videos out there for Extreme switches and routers please?

Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Tomasz
Valued Contributor II
Hi,

Please see Quick Guide (kinda old here): https://documentation.extremenetworks.com/PDFs/EXOS/EXOS_Quick_Guide.pdf
And some cheatsheet attached. Both are good to start with something but have in mind their age. 😉

For looking at interfaces you can use:
code:
show vlan
show vlan [name/id]
show ports [...] (with no-refresh as a one-shot output optionally, some below as well)
show ports [...] configuration
show ports [...] information detail
show ports [...] vlan
show ports [...] statistics
show ports [...] utilization

Hope that helps,
Tomasz

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Tomasz
Valued Contributor II
Have a look here: https://www.extremenetworks.com/support/documentation/extremexos-22-6/
On top right you can select your firmware version and get relevant User Guide (introduction to features and examples) and Command Reference (list of all available commands with explanation). There are also Release Notes (new features plus scaling limits on certain features) and Feature License Requirements (what licenses give what features).
I don't know a book for Extreme besides trainings. I believe it's a matter of time once it becomes more widespread on the market, then a demand will 'generate' books and else. 🙂

Hope that helps,
Tomasz

gonzoessex
New Contributor II
Hi Tomasz, you helped me with me trunk issues, thanks again.

I can trunk between Extreme switches and Extreme to Cisco using multiple VLANs, just layer 2 though, so VLAN 10 on one switch can get to VLAN 10 on the other. The next part is layer 3 trunks using SVIs so VLAN 10 can get to VLAN 20 on the other switch etc (inter-vlan).

I want to learn port security, plus the equivalent to BPDU, loop, root guards. Plus routing between Cisco and Extreme and also Extreme to Extreme using dynamic routing like BGP, OSPF. Then there is VRRP.

See I know all this on Cisco and videos helped me get my CCNP R&S I'd like to get to a CCNA level for Extreme. Udemy is great for videos and charge only a small about which helps the trainer.

It's so much easier watching someone do this and working along in something like GNS3 too.

I can't even find a book to buy. Do you have a link to a that user.

Is this the user guide?

https://www.allied-telesis.co.jp/support/list/extreme/rel/manual/EXOSCommandRef12_3_rev2.pdf

I will PM you.

Tomasz
Valued Contributor II
Hi Gonzo,

For learning, I'd suggest working on fictional deployments with support of EXOS User Guide (a lot of theory and config examples).
Regarding videos, I'm also curious if anybody knows any up-to-date ones. Maybe there will be free-of-charge videos for ECS classes (like it is with XMC and EAC right now, where you can not only take 4-day class but watch the videos and take a 2-day lab-only class before taking the certification exam). I have some plans on videos as well so please PM me so I can keep you informed.

Hope that helps,
Tomasz
GTM-P2G8KFN