cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

blinking MGMT led in summit X250e-24p

blinking MGMT led in summit X250e-24p

gu_ombede
New Contributor
I have a Summit X250e-24P. The switch. I cannot get the parameters of the switch because, when I power on my switch, The fan led and the PSU-I led are green and steady but the MGMT led is always blinking fast. I want to know how I can solve the problem. Thanks;
11 REPLIES 11

Drew_C
Valued Contributor III
Replacing the capacitors on your own WILL void any warranty you may have on this switch.

Take a look at these two articles for more information on how to contact GTAC and/or begin an RMA.

Hi,
I try it but I have not a message. I have just this character on the screen "|"

I don't Know what is a GTAC case and RMA

Thanks

Hi,

Did you try to connect the console cable and reboot the unit? Depending on the issue (with capacitor) you should see an error code and message before the POST. If you already tried that (reboot the unit with console cable connected) and still no inputs in the screen then I would recommend you to open a GTAC case and try RMA.

If not possible, then replacing the capacitor is a good try.

Henrique
Extreme Employee
Hi, this might be related to the capacitor "Electrolytic Capacitor 1000 UF 6.3 V" as already mentioned by Robert.

However, to confirm that you have to connect a console cable and boot the unit. You should see some error codes and messages.

I would recommend you to open a GTAC case for further investigation and RMA the unit if possible.

Robert_Styma1
New Contributor
I had a number of X450's that behaved in this way. Blinking mgmt. light (sometimes) and nothing on the console. I got them from another part of the organization. Opening them up, I discovered that on the daughter board which is home to the compact flash card there were a number of blown 1000 uf electrolytic capacitors. You can tell they are blown when the top of the capacitor is bulged up. I replaced the capacitors and the switches started working. This is in a lab rather than in production.
GTM-P2G8KFN