cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not open a terminal window from XMC to one device and not backing up this one device

Can not open a terminal window from XMC to one device and not backing up this one device

sparkytcc
New Contributor

Hi All, 
I am successfully backing up multiple Extreme switches. However one switch will not backup. Says Auth failure in server.log when I turn on verbose for scripting.

When I manually test with the credentials I can log in fine using the SSH credentials. I can also log in fine to the switch over ssh with my credentials (both radius).  when I manually try a terminal when right click device it fails to connect. Log locally on switch reports successful though.

Ie, Login passed for user <blank> through ssh

From Log on XMC

auth methods: publickey, password,

authentication failure

7 REPLIES 7

Stefan_K_
Valued Contributor

Are other switches on the same firmware? You can check different switches with nmap to see if there is a difference in the SSH Ciphers:

nmap -sV -p 22 --script ssh2-enum-algos <ipaddress of switch>

sparkytcc
New Contributor

I can ssh from the Cli of Linux XMC. The credentials that XMC use also worked. Its running 16.2.2.4 so it definately needs an upgrade.

I wonder if XMC requires more secure cryptos than the CLI SSH. I'll see if I can find out how to tell if that is the case. Can you check the logs in the switch?

Sorry Clicked Accepted as solution as I thought it was the reply button. 
I would have to turn debug on i reckon as the logs are quiet on anything to do with ssh2. I would have thought other switches would fail also, and we have over a 100 working fine. 

GTM-P2G8KFN