cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clearing Ip-security dhcp-snooping violation list

Clearing Ip-security dhcp-snooping violation list

Walt_Witkowski
New Contributor II

I am not able to clear the violation entry.  I've tried  " clear ip-security dhcp-snooping entries vlan STUDENT_ITTSTAFF_849" and "clear ip-security dhcp-snooping entries STUDENT_ITTSTAFF_849 ports 5"      Neither works. 

M_RM_4277_SW_TES_EX.dccc.edu.40 # clear ip-security dhcp-snooping entries vlan STUDENT_ITTSTAFF_849
M_RM_4277_SW_TES_EX.dccc.edu.41 # show ip-security dhcp-snooping violations STUDENT_ITTSTAFF_849
------------------------------------
Port Violating MAC
------------------------------------
5 c0:3e:ba:4c:47:64

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Gabriel_G
Extreme Employee

I think that clearing 'entries' is not the same as clearing 'violations'.

"clear ip-security dhcp-snooping entries vlan STUDENT_ITTSTAFF_849" will clear the info in "show ip-security dhcp-snooping entries vlan STUDENT_ITTSTAFF_849".

However, I don't see a similar command to clear the violations in "show ip-security dhcp-snooping violations STUDENT_ITTSTAFF_849"

Is this causing an issue for your use case or is the command/output just confusing?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Gabriel_G
Extreme Employee

I think that clearing 'entries' is not the same as clearing 'violations'.

"clear ip-security dhcp-snooping entries vlan STUDENT_ITTSTAFF_849" will clear the info in "show ip-security dhcp-snooping entries vlan STUDENT_ITTSTAFF_849".

However, I don't see a similar command to clear the violations in "show ip-security dhcp-snooping violations STUDENT_ITTSTAFF_849"

Is this causing an issue for your use case or is the command/output just confusing?

Stefan_K_
Valued Contributor

Hi!

Your first command is the correct one. Does disabling and re-enabling the port helps?

What if you disable the port, issue your commands and re-enabling it? Maybe there is still DHCP-Traffic seen on that Port? 

And some further questions:
Is this the first time that you see this issue? Did you just recently configure DHCP-Snooping or was it running fine for a long time? 

This is a x460 code ExtremeXOS version 31.6.2.1

This is a test switch that we are configuring before mass deployment to the existing network.

1) I removed the test device from the port 5 so there is no link on port 5 now  2) Disabled the port.  3) Ran the clear commands.  4) Ran the show violations cmd.  -- violating mac and port is still there.      

Any other suggestions welcomed. 

Once the port is placed in the violations list 

show ip-security dhcp-snooping violations STUDENT_ITTSTAFF_849
Port             Violating MAC
5               c0:3e:ba:4c:47:64

The only way I found to remove it was to  "disable ip-security dhcp-snooping vlan STUDENT_ITTSTAFF_849 port 5". 

Of course the port would have to be enabled again 

GTM-P2G8KFN