cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

configure port to allow multiple vlans but untag one specific vlan traffic. also set up that specific vlan as default vlan of that port?

configure port to allow multiple vlans but untag one specific vlan traffic. also set up that specific vlan as default vlan of that port?

jwumcp
New Contributor

Hello,

I need some help to make some changes to a X465 switch configured by someone else. I need to configure a port to allow multiple vlans but untag one specific vlan traffic. Also set up that specific vlan as default vlan of that port? This is basically set up trunk port to allow multiple vlans and set up one native vlan in Cisco world? Can someone please show me how to achieve this in EXOS?

Thank you,

John

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Drew_C
Valued Contributor III

Hi John,

If you add the port as untagged, it will be the “default” VLAN. The VLAN tag/ID won’t matter in EXOS if you set it that way.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Drew_C
Valued Contributor III

You’re welcome, John! Glad to help!

jwumcp
New Contributor

Thank you very much Drew.

John

Drew_C
Valued Contributor III

Hi John,

If you add the port as untagged, it will be the “default” VLAN. The VLAN tag/ID won’t matter in EXOS if you set it that way.

jwumcp
New Contributor

Thank you Drew for your quick response.

One more question, how can I set up vlan red as the default vlan for that port (i.e, use vlan red’s vid as the default vid)? In ERS, I use untagpvidonly to configure AP port.

Thank you,

John

GTM-P2G8KFN