Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuring Exos Virtual Box

Configuring Exos Virtual Box

Manish_S
New Contributor
Hi,

I am trying to setup my lab environment, with virtual box 4.3.26. I have uploaded the virtual box extension pacl. I have downloaded the EXOS VM, but when ever I try to import the VM the machine is not being listed in the folder specified.

This is the very first time I am using Virtual Box. Might be some dumb issue.

Had been couple of days that I have googled the issue, but couldn't resolve. Pls. help.

Regards,
Manish

32 REPLIES 32

Daniel,

The link you have provided is either expired or wrong. Can you please submit a new one.

Thanks a lot.

Kawawa
Extreme Employee
Hi Manish, only Open Virtualization Format or OVF files can be imported as Virtual Machines into Virtualbox. If you've downloaded the VM from https://xkit.extremenetworks.com/app/v/extremexosvm, you'll first have to decompress the file. Once done, you can create a VM in virtualbox using the standard process of creating a virtual machine (Name it and select Next, you can keep all the default settings)

983e4889fbd5423c8948255638119981_RackMultipart20150413-26251-ynnboe-XOS1_inline.png

When selecting the Hard drive to use, select the Use an existing virtual hard drive file and browse to the folder you decompressed above. You should be able to see a .vdi file inside.

983e4889fbd5423c8948255638119981_RackMultipart20150413-25975-1rmdydx-XOS2_inline.png

Once done, you should be able to see the VM listed in your VM list. You can then specify your network/serial port options and start the VM.

All the best

Tavares_Belmont
New Contributor II
@Manish

Can you post the picture? Usually you just import appliance and configure the virtualbox interfaces, do you have vms with .ovf extension?

GTM-P2G8KFN