Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuring Exos Virtual Box

Configuring Exos Virtual Box

Manish_S
New Contributor
Hi,

I am trying to setup my lab environment, with virtual box 4.3.26. I have uploaded the virtual box extension pacl. I have downloaded the EXOS VM, but when ever I try to import the VM the machine is not being listed in the folder specified.

This is the very first time I am using Virtual Box. Might be some dumb issue.

Had been couple of days that I have googled the issue, but couldn't resolve. Pls. help.

Regards,
Manish

32 REPLIES 32

dflouret
Extreme Employee
Manish,

I've shared this document in other posts but here it goes again. It's a quick and dirty How-To manual detailing installation and interconnection of VMs in VB.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/79bvn8vzinmme70/Installing%20EXOS-VM.pdf?dl=0

Manish_S
New Contributor
@ Tavares Belmont :

Have you tried connecting multiple EXOS machines together. My machines have started but I am not able to inter-connect them on GNS3. Earlier I was not able to ping the self IP but post referring to a post-reply by Daniel I started getting replies for self IP. Throwing some light on how to get the devices inter-connected on GNS3 or Oracle VB would be really appreciated.

email ID : manish@algort.co.in

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Manish

Tavares_Belmont
New Contributor II
@Manish S

Send me your email, i can share my vm with you. 

Manish_S
New Contributor
Hi Daniel,

I happen to come across another post of yours in which you have explained about interface.

I gave the loopback interface enable command and was able to ping the the self interface on the EXOS machine. If I can create the lab without importing the machine to GNS3, I am fine with it as well. As i read your post I understand that you create labs in VB. I assume that you might use multiple devices to create a virtual lab. Can you pls. share some documents which would explain how to use VB to connect multiple devices together instead of importing it to GNS 3 (even this would help)

Regards,
Manish

Manish_S
New Contributor

77a96aa02ed641d4881465a493cdd82f_RackMultipart20150416-5119-1dgdq25-6_inline.png

Hi All,

Thanks for your replies.

@ Tavares Belmont :
Pls. find the PSR attached along, showing the file that got downloaded from https://xkit.extremenetworks.com/app/v/extremexosvm. I tried downloading it twice had the same file size, though till now I didn't check the md5. As I mentioned googled it, followed the procedure but failed to import as nothing was being detected.

@ Kawawa :
I downloaded the file from the link, I compressed the entire file as well as tried just compressing the VM, but post that couldn't find the .vdi file. I tried specifying the .vdi extention, but did't find any such file in the directory.

@ Daniel Flouret :
Many thanks. The link that you shared was very usefull. I am able to create the machine in VB now. I imported it to GNS3 as well. I tried linking it with VB option in GNS3, connected it to a Cisco IOS machine, but after giving the IP not able to ping each other. I read in an article, it has to be imported as QEMU. Is it so?? Also the I started the VM today and it shows its a trial for 30 days. So what happens after 30 days can I use the same after it gets expired doing a fresh installation.

Waiting in anticipation.

Regards,
Manish
GTM-P2G8KFN