Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corestack 5520 reboot every 14 days caused on slow network

Corestack 5520 reboot every 14 days caused on slow network

MartinN
New Contributor
Hello,
we have the problem that our core consisting of a stack of 4 x 5520 switches has to be rebooted every 14 days because the voice quality of our VoIP telephony is getting worse and worse due to high congestion in the network, you might think the network would be overloaded but actually it can not be, does anyone know?
wir haben das Problem, dass alle 14 Tage unser Core bestehend aus einem Stack von 4 x 5520 Switchen neu gebootet werden muss weil die Sprachqualität unserer VoIP Telefonie aufgrund hoher congestions im Netz immer schlechter wird, man könnte meinen das Netzwerk wäre überlastet aber eigentlich kann das nicht sein, weiß jemand rat?
best regards Martin
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Gabriel_G
Extreme Employee
Hello,

I am not aware of any known issues that occur every fortnight. It may be best to create a case with GTAC so that they can review logs and counters to investigate these reboots.

Do you have any logs or a 'show tech' surrounding the reboots?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Gabriel_G
Extreme Employee
Hello,

I am not aware of any known issues that occur every fortnight. It may be best to create a case with GTAC so that they can review logs and counters to investigate these reboots.

Do you have any logs or a 'show tech' surrounding the reboots?

Unfortunately I don't have a show tec after the last boot, we think it could be a buffer problem. We use the EXOS OS on this 5520 stack.

HI

Thx for reply. But I'am asking only hipotetic. I want to be protect before 🙂 I'm looking for solutions

BR 

Pawel
GTM-P2G8KFN