cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable mrouter port

Disable mrouter port

camposde
New Contributor

In EXOS, what command would be the equivalent of forbidding multicast traffic out an uplink port?  Basically disabling the mrouter port, but not the interface. (Picture of a Cisco switch example)

2b206c03449649e0a1be69755b557200_1fde9283-b731-4c35-a26f-e52edf1eff87.png

I have a vlan that runs video only and it is contained mostly with the exception of the one port going to my gateway/firewall. When I enable the interface going to my gateway, the rest of the network slows down considerably. I used Wireshark and I can see the multicast addresses starting to leak to the rest of the network. The leaking addresses are mostly in the 224 range, my video encoders and decoders are in the 239 range.  

I have tried this command: 

disable flooding [all_cast | broadcast | multicast | unicast] ports [port_list | all]    

First multicast option and then all cast, and I still get multicast traffic leaking to the rest of the network.

Using X450G2-48t-10G4  ( Stack of 5)  Img: 30.7.1.1

I just want to stop any multicast traffic going out that interface if possible. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Stefan_K_
Valued Contributor

You could implement a ACL to drop this multicast traffic or take a look at this: How To: How to Rate Limit Multicast or Broadcast Flooded traffic on EXOS | Extreme Portal (force.com... 

Has the firewall an Interface in the Video-VLAN?

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Stefan_K_
Valued Contributor

You could implement a ACL to drop this multicast traffic or take a look at this: How To: How to Rate Limit Multicast or Broadcast Flooded traffic on EXOS | Extreme Portal (force.com... 

Has the firewall an Interface in the Video-VLAN?

GTM-P2G8KFN