cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disabling a separate port when a specific port drops

Disabling a separate port when a specific port drops

Rod_Robertson
New Contributor III
Have a requirement to disable a separate port if the primary port ( connected to a firewall ) goes down.

I have a scenario where ih have two links to the internet from two separate X480 switches, I need to advise the ISP that the primary Firewall is down ( firewall not connected directly to the ISP ) the way I am thinking of doing this is some sort of a ACL where if the X480 A sees its FW connection go down , the ACL will run and disable the BGP configure link ( port ) to the ISP , with this link down , the ISP will start directing traffic to my secondary X480 , the ACL should work also when the FW connection is returned , and the primary link to the ISP can then return to operation
5 REPLIES 5

Matthew_Hum
Contributor
You can accomplish with with XMC and alerts and scripts. Basically on a link down trap for your specific port you can trigger a script to send the snmp command to disable a port.

You might be able to do this with XOS scripting as well if you don't want to use XMC, but I would suggest XMC because in addition to running the script you can send out email alarms and be notified of the change.
GTM-P2G8KFN