cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doubts about Openflow configuration

Doubts about Openflow configuration

Grud
New Contributor II

Good afternoon. I have two switches connecting two vlans through a trunk port and in each vlans there is a computer and the computers communicate with each other. The switches have the openflow protocol enabled and communicating with a third computer as a controller. I configured the network this way because it is simpler for me. One of the switches is an x440-48t and the other x460g2-24t. I have some doubts:

1º - Does the network on the extreme switch need to be configured before enabling openflow? I talk about the routing between the vlans in this case.

2º - One of the switches works normally, but another one gives an error with the ryu controller datapath (AttributeError: 'OFPErrorMsg' object has no attribute 'exp_type'), in this case I was wondering if the connection between the switches using a trunk port has any influence to cause this error?

3º - If the way the network was configured influences, how would it be more suitable to configure the network? Here is an image of the network I set up to test how Openflow works. Thank you!

ea0f344b5bcf456abd229b6a846786b2_ddae2581-cd9e-46af-85ee-8a05f2583d6c.png

5 REPLIES 5

StephenW
Extreme Employee

What are you trying to accomplish with OpenFlow?  Take over all learning and programing, or manipulate existing flows using hybrid mode? 

GTM-P2G8KFN