cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DSCP ACL question. (Assign all traffic coming from a source to a DSCP(46) value)

DSCP ACL question. (Assign all traffic coming from a source to a DSCP(46) value)

Ron_Prague
New Contributor II
We have a pair of Microsoft Surface Hubs we're testing out between our main office and our remote office in another part of the country. The offices are connected by a 10mbit MPLS circuit.

Currently we use Skype for Business internally and have assigned QoS and port ranges to the clients via a GPO and this seems to be working fine. We have a QoS policy in our switches (QP6) for any traffic with set DSCP values:

configure diffserv examination code-point 24 qosprofile QP6
configure diffserv examination code-point 34 qosprofile QP6 configure diffserv examination code-point 46 qosprofile QP6

Problem is, the surface hub doesn't behave like a normal SFB client and its not reading the GPO objects so its sending all of its traffic untagged, which is causing issues when the link gets busy.

I started reading about using diffserv replacement, but got lost to be honest.
Rocket1.30 # sh diffserv replacement QOSProfile->CodePoint mapping: QP1 -> 00 QP6 -> 40 QP8 -> 56 What I'd like to do is all traffic coming from host 10.22.0.125(plugged into port 4) be tagged with DSCP 46 until I can work with Microsoft to get this box to apply the proper GPO to the client.

I understand that I need to enable diffserv replacement port 4 and use an ACL to catch all traffic from 10.22.0.125 and use replace-dscp like this:
entry surfacehub { if { source-address 10.22.0.125/32 } then { Qosprofile qp6; replace-dscp; }But if I'm understanding it right, that would tag all the traffic with DSCP 40, not 46. Should I create a new qosprofile or adjust the QP6 codepoint mapping. If so, how do I change the codepoint mapping from 40 to 46?

EDIT:
Of course not 10 seconds after posting this I found the command to change the QP6 code-point, now it shows:

Rocket1.36 # sh diffserv replacement QOSProfile->CodePoint mapping: QP1 -> 00 QP6 *> 46 QP8 -> 56

Is the * there after QP6 because I've changed it from default? Will that cause any issues?
6 REPLIES 6

I'm glad to help Ron.

Also adding a GTAC article for further reference:

Configuring QOS profiles and verify QOS is working on EXOS

Ron_Prague
New Contributor II
Thank you Henrique! I've applied the fix, traffic is being tagged (even video, but for now its way better than nothing)
GTM-P2G8KFN