cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DSCP ACL question. (Assign all traffic coming from a source to a DSCP(46) value)

DSCP ACL question. (Assign all traffic coming from a source to a DSCP(46) value)

Ron_Prague
New Contributor II
We have a pair of Microsoft Surface Hubs we're testing out between our main office and our remote office in another part of the country. The offices are connected by a 10mbit MPLS circuit.

Currently we use Skype for Business internally and have assigned QoS and port ranges to the clients via a GPO and this seems to be working fine. We have a QoS policy in our switches (QP6) for any traffic with set DSCP values:

configure diffserv examination code-point 24 qosprofile QP6
configure diffserv examination code-point 34 qosprofile QP6 configure diffserv examination code-point 46 qosprofile QP6

Problem is, the surface hub doesn't behave like a normal SFB client and its not reading the GPO objects so its sending all of its traffic untagged, which is causing issues when the link gets busy.

I started reading about using diffserv replacement, but got lost to be honest.
Rocket1.30 # sh diffserv replacement QOSProfile->CodePoint mapping: QP1 -> 00 QP6 -> 40 QP8 -> 56 What I'd like to do is all traffic coming from host 10.22.0.125(plugged into port 4) be tagged with DSCP 46 until I can work with Microsoft to get this box to apply the proper GPO to the client.

I understand that I need to enable diffserv replacement port 4 and use an ACL to catch all traffic from 10.22.0.125 and use replace-dscp like this:
entry surfacehub { if { source-address 10.22.0.125/32 } then { Qosprofile qp6; replace-dscp; }But if I'm understanding it right, that would tag all the traffic with DSCP 40, not 46. Should I create a new qosprofile or adjust the QP6 codepoint mapping. If so, how do I change the codepoint mapping from 40 to 46?

EDIT:
Of course not 10 seconds after posting this I found the command to change the QP6 code-point, now it shows:

Rocket1.36 # sh diffserv replacement QOSProfile->CodePoint mapping: QP1 -> 00 QP6 *> 46 QP8 -> 56

Is the * there after QP6 because I've changed it from default? Will that cause any issues?
6 REPLIES 6

Henrique
Extreme Employee
Hello Ron, you are correct.

To change the DSCP replacement mapping the command is "configure diffserv replacement qp6 code-point 46"
The * means that's a non-default value and you should not experience any issue.

Good stuff here.

Ron thanks for your trust in Extreme!

It's really good to hear that Ron! We are here to help.

Ron_Prague
New Contributor II
You guys are awesome. I'm so happy we chose Extreme as our campus switch vendor.
GTM-P2G8KFN