cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

elrp-client on 5000 series?

elrp-client on 5000 series?

Scott_Proctor
New Contributor

So we are putting a bunch of new Extreme 5520's in and we use ELRP to detect loop traffic. I want it to log-and-trap so that our ExtremeCloud IQ site engine can send me an alarm and I would typically input the following command:

configure elrp-client periodic <VLAN_Name> ports all interval 1 log-and-trap disable-port ingress duration 300

but when I do that and hit enter it takes it and I go back and check the config and all I get is:

configure elrp-client periodic vlan <VLAN_Name> ports all disable-port duration 300

Are the 5000 capable of log-and-trap? It let me autocomplete the command, but it's weird that I don't see it in the config now.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Chris_H
Extreme Employee

"log-and-trap" is the default when configuring ELRP ports (see the CLI output below), and therefore the config with "log-and-trap" is the equivalent of the config without having this sub-section added. That's why it's not showing up any differently. 

I suggest testing the behavior and validating that the switch is in fact creating log messages and sending traps to the receiver.

5520-24W-SwitchEngine.6 # conf elrp-client periodic Default ports 2 
  <cr>              Execute the command
  disable-port      Disable port where looped PDU transmitted or received.
  interval          Time Interval between 2 successive ELRP polls
  log               Print polling result to system log
  log-and-trap      Print polling result to system log and send SNMP trap (Default)
  remote-endpoints  Include the remote endpoints, if any, in this VLAN (Only supported with software ELRP)
  trap              Send SNMP trap

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Scott_Proctor
New Contributor

Thanks for the response Chris_H! 

Chris_H
Extreme Employee

"log-and-trap" is the default when configuring ELRP ports (see the CLI output below), and therefore the config with "log-and-trap" is the equivalent of the config without having this sub-section added. That's why it's not showing up any differently. 

I suggest testing the behavior and validating that the switch is in fact creating log messages and sending traps to the receiver.

5520-24W-SwitchEngine.6 # conf elrp-client periodic Default ports 2 
  <cr>              Execute the command
  disable-port      Disable port where looped PDU transmitted or received.
  interval          Time Interval between 2 successive ELRP polls
  log               Print polling result to system log
  log-and-trap      Print polling result to system log and send SNMP trap (Default)
  remote-endpoints  Include the remote endpoints, if any, in this VLAN (Only supported with software ELRP)
  trap              Send SNMP trap

GTM-P2G8KFN