cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error External Table Tuning Failed(-51) from HAL on CardExec INIT(5)

Error External Table Tuning Failed(-51) from HAL on CardExec INIT(5)

Michael_Peel
New Contributor
Card 8900-G48X-xl failing with "Error External Table Tuning Failed(-51) from HAL on CardExec INIT(5)."

I am running version 12.5.4.5 on the MSM (MSM-48C) so the card should be happy with it at least I believe that it should be.

I have swapped out the RAM (with known good) on the card with no change.
Is this card just dead?
8 REPLIES 8

Patrick_Voss
Extreme Employee
Is there a reason why you replaced the RAM? Typically this does not need to be done. Have you tried putting in the original RAM and see if the behavior changes?

Michael_Peel
New Contributor
I know that the version that I have is really old but since the cards release notes say 12.4.1 (or later) Required. I would think that 12.5 would be enough to at least bring the card up. I will however go through the GTAC knowledge base to see if there is a newer version that recommended for this card.

Drew_C
Valued Contributor III
The specific GTAC Article on this subject is this one: What Is The Recommended Release of EXOS For My Platform?
Which will send you here: Release Recommendations by Platform
Looking ahead from the version listed there lands us at latest patch recommendation of EXOS v15.6.4.2-patch1-7.

I do see one occurrence of error in our internal bug tracker on a 12.5.x version, listed as "Unable to Reproduce." Generally speaking, this would be an indication of hardware failure, though it may be worth a shot to upgrade if you can.
Be careful to not void your warranty by tinkering with the components on the board, even if it is just RAM 😉

André_Herkenrat
Extreme Employee
Swapping RAM can't be a solution, since the external table is TCAM. You should go to a newer EXOS version. 12.5 is really old. Search for the recommended EXOS in the GTAC knowledgebase - These guys know what the best version for your setup is...

GTM-P2G8KFN