cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EXOS iproute default not working as expected

EXOS iproute default not working as expected

JB_
New Contributor II

Morning, I'm missing something in my setup and I can't seem to figure out what. Hoping one of you can assist.

I have a WAN/LAN setup with the ISP.

WAN is a /29 and acts as the gateway ip lives on the ISP devices.

LAN is a /27 that the ISP routes to me via my WAN ip and are route-able addresses so no nat needed on the switch.

Devices from the LAN can ping their gateway and the ISP ip however they can't get past the WAN ips.

This is not a new setup and is currently working with a different vendor switch. So I know the ips are correct and the ISP is routing my subnet to me.

Is there something I'm missing besides the ipforwarding on each vlan and the iproute?

configure vlan LAN ipaddress 2.2.2.1 255.255.255.224
enable ipforwarding vlan LAN
configure vlan WAN ipaddress 1.1.1.2 255.255.255.248
enable ipforwarding vlan WAN

configure iproute add default 1.1.1.1

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

JB_
New Contributor II

This ended up being some kind of bug that stumped support. Nothing was wrong with my config. Switch was not populating arp for it's own interface.

Solution - ping the local IP that is on the subnet of the default route from the switch itself. so in this example the switch needed to ping 1.1.1.2 even though that ip was on the switch.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

JB_
New Contributor II

This ended up being some kind of bug that stumped support. Nothing was wrong with my config. Switch was not populating arp for it's own interface.

Solution - ping the local IP that is on the subnet of the default route from the switch itself. so in this example the switch needed to ping 1.1.1.2 even though that ip was on the switch.

Thomas_Maxwell
New Contributor

Are you using OSPF internally? I had a similar issue where I could ping everything, but could not pass traffic out to the internet from my OSPF links. My fix was:

enable ospf originate-default cost 1 type ase-type-1

I think there is a document somewhere that explains this more . Hope this helps.

JB_
New Contributor II

We aren't using any routing protocols. Simply a default route out to the gateway.

That does give me a new topic to look up though, much appreciated.

GTM-P2G8KFN