cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EXOS-VM doesn't boot after adding more NICs

EXOS-VM doesn't boot after adding more NICs

Darren_Saliva
New Contributor
Thanks Stephane. So I created the vm from the iso image and powered it on and it booted successfully. I then followed the install guide to add more nics, but now when I power on the vm it does not boot. I keep getting a watchdog warning message that has seconds that count up each time the error message appears. Note: This conversation was created from a reply on: How to enable MPLS on ExOS VM ?.
9 REPLIES 9

Stephane_Grosj1
Extreme Employee
I just launched a VM running EXOS 16.1.3.6 with VB 5.0.14r105127. That VM has the usual 4 adapters Up plus one more added manually. No issue.

Stephane_Grosj1
Extreme Employee
That would be worth to check with another hypervisor, the problem may come from VB. I'm not sure we did any change to the software dataplane recently.

Darren_Saliva
New Contributor
Drew,
I did some more troubleshooting and i figured out what was causing the watchdog error. Adapters 3 and 4 were causing the issue. i created a new VM and disabled each adapter at a time starting with 4, and then i started the VM after disabling the individual adapters. The error went away when the VM booted after adapters 3 and 4 were both disabled. I then added 6 nics/ports and the VM booted without a problem. i hope this helps you narrow down the issue with the VM.

Darren_Saliva
New Contributor
Hi Drew,
1. I am running the VM in VirtualBox Version 5.0.14 r105127
2. i added 4 more nics

d09c58e98e5e48f8a2e1a6731a97b997_RackMultipart20160212-121405-1t0gqi7-watchdog_errors_inline.jpg

Drew_C
Valued Contributor III
Hi Darren,
A few questions...
  1. What platform are you running your VM on?
  2. How many NICs did you add?
  3. What's the exact error message?
GTM-P2G8KFN