cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extreme equivalent of trunking

Extreme equivalent of trunking

brian_osgoiod
New Contributor
I am having difficulty understanding how multiple vlans are transported between extreme switches (not stacked) and how they are physically cabled. With cisco i create two trunk ports directly connected between switches and pass multiple vlans between these switches on the connected trunk ports or lags. How is this physically performed with extreme. What i see in the extreme documentation is tagging, but I find nothing pertaining to how these tags are assembled on a trunk like port and passed amongst switches...
43 REPLIES 43

To set a switch mgmt IP/VLAN you'd use the following commands...

i.e. for IP 172.25.25.153/24 in VLAN#100

set ip address 172.25.25.153 mask 255.255.255.0 gateway 172.25.25.254
set host vlan 100

Sushruth_Sathya
Extreme Employee
Hi Brian,

https://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/articles/How_To/Understanding-EXOS-VLANS-and-tagged-and-un...

This article along with the links in that article should give you some background on how VLANs work with EXOS.

Omar_Trejo
New Contributor

Hi. I am configuring an enterasys sw and I have a communication problem between computers. create a vlan 10 with ip 10.10.1.1 and mask 255.255.2355.0, the vlan I put it to two ports of the sw and I have 254 ip to make tests with computers, to 2 computers I put ip's of that segement, the test that I do it with a ping but it tells me that the host is unreachable. Could you please help me. Thank you

The operational status of VLAN interface 10 is down.

That happens normaly if no port with VLAN 10 configured is up = a device is connected.
So is there a client connected to port ge.1.2 or ge.1.3 (=configured for VLAN10 as per the screenshot above).

You'd check the port status with "show port ge.1.2-3"

The operational status of VLAN interface 10 is down.

That happens normaly if no port with VLAN 10 configured is up = a device is connected.
So is there a client connected to port ge.1.2 or ge.1.3 (=configured for VLAN10 as per the screenshot above).

You'd check the port status with "show port ge.1.2-3"
GTM-P2G8KFN