Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extreme Switch with authentication with fingerprint device

Extreme Switch with authentication with fingerprint device

Sebastian_Rojas
New Contributor II
Hello,

I have a question, when a user mark his figerprint i an biometric device, can i order the switch port related to that user to power on and when the user go to his home, the switch port
power off,

What kind of feature do i need to complete this task, there is something related to the extreme vendor, such a NAC device, can i use other alternatives ?
or something like that or is only about in de CLI of the switch with support of 802.1X.

We have summit x440Summit

Can anyone help me with this, to know if this can be done
Thanks a lot for your time
Best Regards

8 REPLIES 8

Drew_C
Valued Contributor III
The Identity Management feature in EXOS might be able to do this, coupled with UPM scripting to trigger PoE on the port.
I know this was one of the use cases when this feature was introduced several years back, but I can't find the documentation on how to configure it this way. The idea was that IDM sees the user login and logoff (or badge in/out) and can trigger that user's port to power their phone while in the office. When they are out of the office, power is disabled, thereby increasing overall power savings while the office is empty.

Someone else may have the example documentation closer at hand than I do.

Sebastian_Rojas
New Contributor II
oooh sorry Dorian, this link!
thanks for your help?

http://learn.extremenetworks.com/rs/extreme/images/NAC-DS.pdf

Sebastian_Rojas
New Contributor II
it's a centralized device, where the data for all the users y enrolled and then they can start to sign in, so i think how can a integrate the biometric device to the switch with 802.1X
or this only can be done with a product like this :

http://www.extremenetworks.com/product/control-center

Dorian_Perry
Extreme Employee
Hi Sebastian,

Would the biometric device be connected to the users PC and interact with the PC OS for authentication?
GTM-P2G8KFN