Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

flap ospf after add(delete) port to(from) sharing group

flap ospf after add(delete) port to(from) sharing group

Anton_Nekhorosh
New Contributor
I use summit x670 with lacp 20g.
After add(delete) port to(from) sharing group allways ospf flapping between two x670. Why? What to do?

In the same time of L2 the traffic continues to work without stopping, flapping only osfp session.

Please help.

8 REPLIES 8

Nikolay_Chernya
New Contributor
Hmm.. May be you have a decision how we can add or delete ports from LAG without ospf flapping on current software? Somthing like configure variables, hold timers, may be.. We can try it on lab.

The main problem for us that after LAG re-initialize and flap of ospf(1-2 secs) we have broken mpls-connectivity which decides only by down/up links.

We can't do that , and we haven't 5 min for flashing new firmware without reconstruction of network

Karthik_Mohando
Extreme Employee
I believe the recommendation would be update in a day or two in the official website, as per internal update the upcoming recommended EXOS version for X670 is 15.6.3.1-patch1-5

Anton_Nekhorosh
New Contributor
May be you know patch version for 15.5.4.2 ?

This was an improvement (not a bug) and these are not backported, so only 15.6 and higher are having this improvement. I would recommend using the latest patch (15.6.3.1-patch1-5 at this moment).
GTM-P2G8KFN