cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[HELP] No "enable ipforwarding command in X350-48t" - Howto route inter VLAN in switch?

[HELP] No "enable ipforwarding command in X350-48t" - Howto route inter VLAN in switch?

AnduloB
New Contributor

Hi all,

Can anyone help me with the old switch Extreme networks summit X350-48t to configure inter VLAN and inline-power (POE)? Doea this device has this function?

I have 3 Vlans in the same switch and try to open inter VLAN between them. However, I could not use the command: enable ipforwarding because that command does not existed in the switch.

How can I enable ipforwarding in this device "X350-48t"?

The second problem is the same: I can not find the command configure inline-power to open POE ports.

Below is mys vlans and iproute:

k76hexQ3QxadvHWjvISC_Extreme400-48t 5_5_2022 8_52_01 PM.png
A204vtcZSWy7mqt7HIZ2_Extreme400-48t 5_5_2022 8_51_21 PM.png

PLQJORHSm2Rfx7Psn9wn_Extreme400-48t 5_6_2022 8_53_22 AM.png
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Gabriel_G
Extreme Employee
Hello,

Being a 48T, that switch does not have PoE capabilities. PoE capable switches use the letters 'P' or 'W' to indicate PoE+ and PoE++ support respectively, instead of 'T', which indicates no PoE capabilities.

Regarding routing/ipforwarding, the x350 is a L2 only switch, therefore you cannot enable routing on it in any way. Also, please note that the x350 has also been end of life for quite some time.

Hope that answers your questions!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

AnduloB
New Contributor

Hi Gabriel,

Thank you for your clearly explaination. I got understand what I looked that did not have in the current switch.

Cheers.

Gabriel_G
Extreme Employee
Hello,

Being a 48T, that switch does not have PoE capabilities. PoE capable switches use the letters 'P' or 'W' to indicate PoE+ and PoE++ support respectively, instead of 'T', which indicates no PoE capabilities.

Regarding routing/ipforwarding, the x350 is a L2 only switch, therefore you cannot enable routing on it in any way. Also, please note that the x350 has also been end of life for quite some time.

Hope that answers your questions!
GTM-P2G8KFN