cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

How do you extract an XOS off of a summit X450a-24T to a tftp server? I need step by step instructions please!

How do you extract an XOS off of a summit X450a-24T to a tftp server? I need step by step instructions please!

Travis
New Contributor II
I have been playing around with the Extremes for a few days now, I'm more familiar with Cisco networking gear and i cannot figure out how to extract the XOS off the unit.
I know for cisco the command would be "copy tftp flash:"

15 REPLIES 15

Travis
New Contributor II
I bought the product used from eBay, I have no warranty's or service agreements with Extreme. I have attempted to reach them and I have been told they can do nothing for me without a service agreement or warranty.
Thanks for taking time and answering my questions with detailed responses.

Paul_Russo
Extreme Employee
If the product is within warranty for example a Summit 440 or 460 then they get the newest version of code, which today is 15.5 and all of the SR versions of bug fixes. If it is a product that has a year warranty then they can get any code that ships withing the first 90 days.

Travis I am sorry you are not happy with this. You can have the code you need for your product. Extreme has one OS for all of our products so we need to have a way to make sure someone doesn't take a version of code they don't have a license for and put it on another switch. You are allowed to have access to the code that is appropriate for your product by either logging on to our esupport portal or by calling our GTAC whichever is convenient.

Thanks
P

Travis
New Contributor II
This definitely pushes me away from buying or advising anyone to buy any extreme hardware.

Sumit_Tokle
Contributor
I believe the TAC can only provide EXOS software if the device is in software contract.

Paul_Russo
Extreme Employee
Travis

You will always have access to the version of code you have on the switch and all of the Sustaining releases. You can get the code simply by calling GTAC.

Call GTAC and they will help get you the code now. You should also have access to our esupport if you have a Summit product that supports LLW

Hope that helps

P

GTM-P2G8KFN