cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to combine Selective QinQ CEP with standard tagged vlan on a port?

How to combine Selective QinQ CEP with standard tagged vlan on a port?

Michael_Scharn
New Contributor
If i read the documentation correctly it should be possible to combine standard tagged Vlans and VMAN Selective QinQ CEP on one port? I just can't figure out how to get it working. When i enable CEP the CLI says: Error: 45: Port cannot belong to VLAN and a VMAN at the same time Does anybody have any experience with this configuration?
9 REPLIES 9

Michael_Scharn
New Contributor
With another ethertype it shows the same problem. According to xos concepts guide combination of CEP and tagged vlans should be possible

OscarK
Extreme Employee
Does it work if you change the ethertype of the vman to something else than 8100 ?

Michael_Scharn
New Contributor
Thanks for the responses. I can creat the CEP setup to do selective QinQ. What i would like to achieve is to have all tagged Vlans pass trough But then also have selective QinQ enabled to put one or two vlan in a VMAN. This is my configuration: create vlan 1 configure vlan 1 tag 1 create vlan 2 configure vlan 2 tag 2 create vlan 3 configure vlan 3 tag 3 configure vlan 1 add ports 44-48 tagged configure vlan 2 add ports 44-48 tagged configure vlan 3 add ports 44-48 tagged enable jumbo-frame ports all configure vman ethertype 0x8100 create vman "vman1" configure vman vman1 tag 605 What i want to do is: configure vman vman1 add ports 45 cep cvid 1001 So then normal vlans pass trough but vlan 1001 is wrapped in a s-tag 605

eyeV
New Contributor III
Hi Michael.
I use this config on my network.

enable jumbo-frame ports all
configure vman ethertype 0x8100create vman "corp-vman1"
configure vman corp-vman1 tag 201
configure vman corp-vman1 add ports 25 tagged
configure vman corp-vman1 add ports 1-24 cep cvid 1100 - 1500
configure vman corp-vman1 add ports 1-24 cep cvid 2500 - 3999

OscarK
Extreme Employee
What commands did you use on what kind of switch and EXOS version ?

GTM-P2G8KFN