cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to configure EAPS with CFM/OAM?

How to configure EAPS with CFM/OAM?

PeterK
Contributor III
How can I configure CFM/OAM basicly between 2 switches and together with EAPS for faster ring recovery, when I have a thrid-party switch in ring?
I read user/concept guide, command reference guide and older ENA/ENS Guides, but this doesn't help my.
Can some post a list of commands I need to use?
17 REPLIES 17

"end-point down" specifies the type of CFM MEP to use. The "down" type is used to send CCM frames out a port irrespective of EAPS/ERPS/STP blocking state for the port/VLAN. That is the correct type to use to check a point-to-point link.

You may need to manually enable sending CCM frames (look in the config for "disabled").

For each down MEP you need to specify the number of the remote end-point ("rmep").

You can use "show cfm" commands to verify the CFM state.

PeterK
Contributor III
Thanks for all replies. In this case the third party device is a cisco switch, which is part of a "managed Least-Line" by a provider, which connects 2 locations. Can I add one cfm-group to 2 eaps rings on same switch? Because I have another "direct connection" between the 2 locations by another provider. So I have 2 eaps-rings, which are working in opposite direction on the same 4 extreme switches. 2 Switches on each location.

EtherMAN
Contributor III
Going back to your original question... On the third party section of your EAPS ring are you just passing the vlans though or does it support EAPS. If not EAPS does it support ERPS instead? If you are just passing the traffic through the third party section and it is not active as a transit node/s then it will always fail over slow because it will never know to clear it's mac tables and start forwarding traffic in possibly the other direction depending on where your break is in relationship to each active flow...

Kevin_Kim
Extreme Employee
I think you can use any vlan. In the example above, you could use 'v101' vlan which is the control vlan of the eaps ring.

PeterK
Contributor III
Hi Kevin,
thanks for your quick reply. I will test this soon.

configure cfm domain "MD1" add association string "EAPS-CFM" vlan "v100"
should the cfm-domain realy bind to a protected vlan and not to the control vlan?
If yes, should it be a seperate vlan for cfm function or can it be one of the productive protected vlans?
GTM-P2G8KFN