cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

How to use MVRP to propagate Vlans from the X460G2 to the X440G2?

How to use MVRP to propagate Vlans from the X460G2 to the X440G2?

Hossam_Youssef
New Contributor II
I have a deployment with X460-G2 as Distribution switches and X440-G2 as Edge switches, I tried to use the MVRP to propagate Vlans from the X460-G2 to the X440-G2, the vlans are propagated but I couldn't use these vlans on the x440G2, any body have a solution?
9 REPLIES 9

davidj_cogliane
Contributor
I have not rolled MVRP out in a customer network yet. I have done some testing with MVRP on some switches at the office and it seems to work without issue.

I have not used it in conjunction with Netlogin though.

M_Nees
Contributor III
Hi,

what is your experience in the field with MVRP ?

Do you have productive environments running with MVRP ?
Also in conjunction with netlogin (and dynamic VLAN assignment) ?

I am interested about good and bad experiences caused by dynamic/automatic VLAN Assignment on Interswitch-Links based on MVRP (Core - Distribution - Access).

BR,
Matthias

Tripathy__Priya
Extreme Employee

Zdeněk_Pala
Extreme Employee
MVRP does create VLAN on the switch dynamically.

For vlan assignment to access port you need static vlan.

MVRP does help you on distribution switches. On access switches or if you need to route the vlan, you need to define vlan statically. (For example by Extreme Management)
Regards Zdeněk Pala

davidj_cogliane
Contributor
I believe you need to actually create the VLAN on the access switch to add it to a user port. It has been a while since I tested MVRP but I am fairly sure that is how it worked in my lab. If you could provide your code version someone might have more current information.
GTM-P2G8KFN