Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monitoring BGP

Monitoring BGP

Tavares_Belmont
New Contributor II
Hello guys!

We are trying to monitor a BGP session in a SW extreme(X450). We use the command "snmpwalk" to validate the information regarding the OID of BGP, where it informs that there are 5 sessions. When we try to do a "snmpwalk" in a session more specific, it returns an error stating that the OID do not hesitate.
Any suggestion? XOS version is 15.2.1.5

Picture error bellow...

b6c1ab59b08c476291e9924f5082d354_RackMultipart20150525-12331-e0d3n8-bgp_inline.png

9 REPLIES 9

Tavares,

I do not believe the "configure snmpv3 add mib-view" command will assist in this issue. Were you able to get a reply on the open ticket?

-Andrew

yes i see,

but i found this command "configure snmpv3 add mib-view "name" subtree "oid" type excluded | included...

Its possible add subtree and use via snmv3? The website bellow show possibles OIDS and respective funcions too, on extreme switch juts works "show snmp get 1.3.6.1.2.1.15.2.0" = local AS and 1.0 BGP version, i created a ticket on TAC but until now anyone reply.

https://www.kernel.org/pub/software/admin/mon/contrib/monitors/bgp/bgp.monitor

Tavares,

This issue will require a deeper level of investigation. It would be recommended to call into GTAC and open a ticket.

-Andrew

Andrew_Maldonad
Extreme Employee
Tavares,

Do we experience the same error when executing a SNMP get locally on the switch? The command would be "show snmp get 1.3.6.1.2.1.15.3.1.2.a.b.c.d" where a.b.c.d is the IP address of the BGP peer.

-Andrew

GTM-P2G8KFN