cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multicast at 1000 Mbits/s works, but 100 Mbts/s don't.

Multicast at 1000 Mbits/s works, but 100 Mbts/s don't.

Paris
New Contributor
Hello community, I have a
problem while I'm uploading an image with my fog server: multicast works well with my X440 switches (1000 Mbits/s) but with my x250 (100 Mbits/s) it stops after ~5min. It resumes when I restart all my ports concerned by my deployment: (my fog server and PCs).

When it stops, my PC unsubscribe to the udpcast group and resuscribe when I restart my ports.

I have the same issue when i configure my X440 PC ports at 100Mbits/s.

There is nothing in my logs that says that's my ports are blocked or somethings...

What do you suggest me to check ?

Thanks!

Best regards,
Adrien, from France.

10 REPLIES 10

Paris
New Contributor
Actually it is the age of the hosts that causes the exclusion of groups (when it's higher than 260 seconds)
I do not know the risks of increasing this timeout accross of my network, what is the way for my hosts to "re-subscribe" in order to make reset this timer/age ? Is it on the switch or on my deployment server in your opinion?
Thank you for your help.

OscarK
Extreme Employee
yes, show igmp snooping you will see senders and subscribers and the timers/age.

Paris
New Contributor
Yes it can be a temporary solution, the table is not full but is there a solution to check the snooping entry times ? is it "the age" ?

OscarK
Extreme Employee
Hi,igmp snooping on other switches play a role also. Disabling igmp snooping is a temporary solution, better is to investigate why the snooping entry times out or if a table is full (that would be logged).

Paris
New Contributor
Thank you for your answer, it works (1000Mb or 100Mb) when i disable igmp snooping in the concerned Vlan but only if my Fog server and my PC (to deploy) are on the same switch.
it doesn't when i go trought my network.
GTM-P2G8KFN