cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multicasting - Freezing

Multicasting - Freezing

Waqas_Naeem
New Contributor II
I am connecting TRIAX STB A235-N1x-hd setup box with X440 switch and also the receiver to do L2 multicasting but it freezes after 4-5 minutes and resumes once I restart the setup box. I tried disconnecting/connecting the cable from switch and restarting the switch but it does'nt work. I have to restart the setup box to resume the freeze. I also tried changing the timers of igmp and igmp snooping but in vain. Please help
11 REPLIES 11

Waqas_Naeem
New Contributor II
There is no multi-vlan environment. It's a simple single VLAN default with IGMP and IGMP snooping enable with default timers. The article you shared is taking about L3 multicast. I checked the output of command and it is showing almost 39 streams at the time when it is freeze.

OscarK
Extreme Employee
Check if the receiver subscribes to the stream and when the stream stops if it is still subscribed (show igmp snooping detail). Check the logs, the X440 does not have much table space for multicasting and you might need to apply actions in below article to improve the multicast behavior.
https://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/articles/How_To/Multicast-Entry-not-Added-Hardware-Table-F...

GTM-P2G8KFN