Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OSPFv3 via Vman hangs at EX_START

OSPFv3 via Vman hangs at EX_START

Alex16
New Contributor
Hi folks
We had two X450a with core licence connected directly with a cable that was user for OSPFv3 peering. that worked perfectly.
Now we had to put some other extreme switches in the middle that transport this via a VMAN. since then OSPFv3 state is EX_START which is not good.
The two X450a can ping themself using IPv4 and V6 so L2 seems good.
OSPF (for IPv4) works.
Link is in broadcast mode and i tried several MTU settings.
I have XOS 12.3.

Is it a software issue that would be fixed with 15.* or is there something else you can see ?
Any idea will be welcomed. But I don't want to update XOS just to give it a try, these devices are sensitive.

Regards
Alex
8 REPLIES 8

Alex16
New Contributor
Hi

Problem solved. Extreme says :
PD number

PD4-861837558

Severity 3-Wrong Behavior

Status/SubStatus

Closed / Verified

Platform/Area/Sub Area/Feature

IP:OSPFv3 / App:Common / Existing Feature

Description

In a jumbo frame environment, an OSPFv3 neighbor gets stuck at EX_START.

Workaround

Configure ip-mtu size BEFORE configuring the first IPv6 address for the vlan. (In order to do this, IPv4 address must be configured for the vlan before configuring ip-mtu size even if you intend to use the switch for IPv6 only environment.)

Reproducible

Always

Found In

EXOS-12.4.1

Original Product

EXOS 12.3.1

Fixed Build

The workaround is realy ugly for us because we need jumbo an as this is solved in build after 12.4.0.7, I decided to update to XOS 15.x.x.x.

I wish the PDs would be easier to find...

Thanks All
Alex

Paul_Russo
Extreme Employee
Hey Alex

Is there a way for you to open a case? I think having TAC look at the config and run through testing would help a lot to get this worked out.

P

Alex16
New Contributor
Could it be because OSPFv3 uses the link local ip (that are not adjacent) to peer ?
If yes, how tell OSPFv3 to use the regular IPv6 ?

Alex16
New Contributor
Anyone with an idea where the problem could be ?

GTM-P2G8KFN