cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

password recovery fails from Bootrom

password recovery fails from Bootrom

souzadc
New Contributor
Good Morning,I have several Switch Models X44024-t. I need to recover the password of these guys but I can't perform a hard reset because I don't know how the settings are and I can't reset the password because in the bootrom the command config none does not exist.How can I reset the password or create a new user by creating a script using autoexec.xsf other than config none?Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Chris_H
Extreme Employee

Hello,

If you have valid entitlement, then get in touch with GTAC.

If you are running 16.2, then the “one-time failsafe” option (the link was already mentioned by StephanH) may be helpful, and in this case GTAC can help you out.

If the switches are pre-16.x, then GTAC will still be able to assist you with this, as long as there’s console access available. There is no way to have this done with keeping the full config and not get in touch with GTAC.

Chris

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Chris_H
Extreme Employee

Hello,

If you have valid entitlement, then get in touch with GTAC.

If you are running 16.2, then the “one-time failsafe” option (the link was already mentioned by StephanH) may be helpful, and in this case GTAC can help you out.

If the switches are pre-16.x, then GTAC will still be able to assist you with this, as long as there’s console access available. There is no way to have this done with keeping the full config and not get in touch with GTAC.

Chris

SamPirok
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

In addition to the reset article that StephanH shared, this guide reviews how to set the Management VLAN: https://documentation.extremenetworks.com/summit/guid-0a4da9fe-a11e-4f02-993c-b53d4bba1d0d.shtml?_ga...

And this guide reviews how to set up stacking with these switches: https://extremeportal.force.com/ExtrArticleDetail?n=000001503&q=X44024-t%20stacking%20how%20to

souzadc
New Contributor
I will explain my difficulty. Whoever installed it went away and didn't leave the passwords. I have 5 Switches configured in Stack. I do not know the IP that they configured but that is the minimum I put another.In this case I would have to reset the settings of this Switch, activate the MGMT IP for Web access and configure the Stacking protocol. For everything to work again. If I succeed, I will do it in other sectors. Can you help me with the Wiki for this process?

Thank you anyway.

souzadc
New Contributor
Thanks for the tips, but the only alternative is to reset everything and that is out of the question at the moment. Thank you anyway.
GTM-P2G8KFN